What you need to know about your oily skin
What you need to know about your Oily skin
& why you should be excited to have it!
If you have oily skin, consider it a tremendous blessing!
Upkeep is actually simpler than it seems and although you may be suffering from some unsightly pimples and breakouts right now, your skin will age beautifully; always flattering you with the look of a 20 years younger you.
What should I avoid?
Here are some KEY things that you should know about your skin before choosing your daily facial routine.
- NEVER completely strip your skin of its protective oils (i.e. sebum)
- The sebum coating your skin is what grants you the gift of youthfulness later in life because it PROTECTs your skin from the harmful effects of the sun; such as pigmentation and more.
- Excessive sebum = the creation of blackheads and pimples.
- a. The sebum oxidizes too much and then turns into blackheads
- The combination of dead skin and excess sebum cause the pimples
- Be sure never to SCRUB your skin abrasively as this can lead to the spreading of bacteria from open pimples, causing more breakouts.
- Exfoliate by using a gentle exfoliate for the skin or simply pat it on and wash off after the recommended period of time.
What can Olea Essence do for my skin?
Our team in our Olea Essence lab is well aware of the frustrations we face with oily skin and that many people get to the point where they take medication in order to reduce sebum production of the skin.
This has us worried because of KEY #1 as afore mentioned. Today’s Acne medication tends to dry out the skin so much that it leaves it completely vulnerable to the elements and thus brings on premature aging of the skin – not to mention a host of other skin-related side effects.
There’s another solution, and it’s very simple. CLEANSE thoroughly, without stripping too much of the protective sebum. That’s all!
What is the best for my skin?
We have developed a two-step series to keep breakouts at bay, while leaving you with your skin’s amazing natural protection ->
- The Facial Wash for Oily Skin
- Removes oils, but leaves a protective layer on the skin
- Disinfects, preventing the spread of acne-creating bacteria
- Helps to release stagnation in the skin by improving circulation in the skin
- The Toner for Normal to Oily skin
- A non-alcohol astringent
- Loaded with vitamins & antioxidants from olive water and olive leaf extract
- Assists in cleansing the skin even more thoroughly
- Contracts the pores
No moisturizer?! How come?
Now that your skin is balanced, why would you throw more moisture into the mix?
With your beautiful oily skin, there really is no need to use a moisturizer. Cleanse, and care for your skin, but don’t overdo it.
The beauty is yours, nourish it!